Transform your apostolic leadership and applied theological understanding. This program will empower you in church polity and governance, social transformation and global mission. It will elevate your spiritual authority to the Kingdom level.
DOCTOR OF APOSTOLIC LEADERSHIPAND APPLIED THEOLOGY
Objectives and Outcomes
The primary objective of the Doctor of Apostolic Leadership and Applied Theology is to enhance students’ corporate apostolic leadership and applied theological understanding.
Great emphasis is placed on applied ministry for persons who have engaged in substantial ministerial leadership. The goals of Doctor of Apostolic Leadership and Applied Theology are directed to individuals’ knowledge of religious heritage, understanding of the seven missional (mountains) of cultural influence, context and cultural contextualization, growth in spiritual depth and moral integrity, and capacity for ministerial and public leadership.
Learning outcomes congruent with Christ’s Great Commandment, commission and dominion mandate. Students shall demonstrate that they have achieved the goals or learning outcomes of the program by means of direct and indirect evidence of student learning.
These specific, learning outcomes will shape and inform the design of all courses, supervised ministry experiences, formation activities, and other instructional strategies to establish a coherent and integrated curriculum for the Doctor of Apostolic Leadership and Applied Theology program.
FIND YOUR PATH
Program Road Map
Program length: Within 30 months
Road map: 10 + 5 + 3 + 1
10 Core Courses (Online)
Students will have rigorous guided online study in a cohort format. With advanced online learning system, a well-designed course structure, and a cohort mentor, WU students will gain valuable knowledge, discuss best practices and receive shift for their ministry and leadership development.
5 Elective Courses
A variety of elective courses are available.
3 Residentials (On-Site)
Students will participate in 3 required 4-day face-to-face sessions. Students will meet internationally well-known leaders, receive instruction and impartation for personal breakthrough and maximize their learning experience.
1 Final dissertation
Students will complete a final dissertation using Action Research methodology.
Core Courses List (On-Line):
- Dominion Mandate
- Apostolic Leadership
- Revival, Reformation & Social Transformation
- Business as Mission
- Kingdom Finances and the Great Transfer of Wealth
- New Church Planting and Church Growth
- Cross-Cultural Missions
- Strategic Spiritual Warfare
- Action Research for Final Dissertation
- Final Dissertation: Transform Your World
- Committed, mature Christian leader.
- Leadership experience (60% weight in admission): Minimum of five years in a senior leadership role at a local church/organization.
- Educational experience (40% weight in admission)
- Must have either a M.Div, M.Theology, or a WU Master of Apostolic Leadership and Applied Ministry degree.
- Other Christian MA/MS degree may apply, however, prerequisite courses will be required.
- All non-Christian related MA degree holders are expected to complete WU Master program first.
- Two references (1 pastoral and 1 peer reference).
10 Core Courses – 30 units
5 Electives – 10 units
3 Residentials – 18 units
1 Dissertation paper – 12 units
Total units for graduation: 70